The home's two occupants escaped uninjured. They were unable to stay in the house Monday night and were being helped by relatives.
Firefighters arrived at about 7:20 p.m. and found smoke coming from the home and heavy fire burning in the basement.
Volunteers knocked the fire down in about 10 minutes and spent several hours removing smoke from the home.
"We were able to utilize a hydrant directly in front of the house [to supply the first arriving engine]," Quarryville Fire Chief Joel Neff said.
An electrical problem in the basement started the fire. A state fire marshal ruled the fire accidental.
Volunteers and equipment from Bart Township, Rawlinsville, Refton, Willow Street, Robert Fulton, Oxford, and Cochranville assisted Quarryville at the scene.
"A great job was done by all involved," Neff said.