Jack Foreaker's puppet prowess is coming to downtown Elkton.
Foreaker will perform as part of the annual Elkton Halloween Parade set for Friday, October 25 at 6 p.m. in the Howard Street parking lot. He will present a special Halloween show prior to the parade line up which begins at 6:30 p.m.
Recommended viewing area for the parade is North Street between Columbia Bank and the Howard House and Main Street between Howard House and Brothers Pizza.
This is just one of the many upcoming Halloween events in the area. Others include:
• Elkton's American Legion is getting ready to scare up some fun.
On Sunday, October 27 from 1-5 p.m., the post, at 129 West Main Street, Elkton, will host a Children's Halloween Party. This is open to the public and all ages are welcome. There will be prizes for the costume contest. There will also be music, games, and food.
For a small fee, those who attend may also try their hand at scarecrow making and pumpkin or face painting.
• Sharpen your knife and get your creativity cooking.
The North East Merchant Committee is gearing up to host their first ever Pumpkin Carving and Decorating Contest. North East Mayor Robert McKnight will serve as a contest judge. Judging will be held on Friday, October 25 at 7:30 p.m. at North East Town Hall.
The pumpkins will be displayed at merchants along Main Street. They will also be used at the town Halloween Party on October 26.
This contest is free and open to all. They will be judged according to age group: 12 and under, teens ages 13-20, adults 21 and older, and company, group, or organization. In addition prizes will be awarded for cutest, scariest, funniest, and most creative. For additional information about this event call Silver & Sassy at 410-287-1535.
• The annual Town of North East Halloween Party will be held October 26 in the North East Community Park. Costume judging starts promptly at 1 p.m. There will be games, refreshments, and prizes. This event is sponsored by the Town of North East and the North East Chamber of Commerce. For more information about this event, call 410-287-5801.
• In Charlestown, the annual town Halloween Parade and Costume contest has been set for October 25. More information will be forthcoming.
• Also in Charlestown, there will be a Build a House BBQ and Great Pumpkin Contest to benefit Habitat for Humanity. This event will be held at 6 p.m. at The Wellwood. For tickets or more information contact Tara Hyde at 410-398-3399 or on the web at thyde@habitatsusq,org.